REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN
Ready to register for Hawthorn Touch7s? Great!
You have two options:
- Register for Hawthorn Touch7s for six weeks of fun, skills and excitement in Term 1, 2021. Just $85 for first child, $70 for each further siblings (see registration instructions below); or
- Register for Kiwi Hawthorn Junior Rugby for Terms 2 & 3 and Term 1 Hawthorn Touch7s is absolutely free! Your KHJ membership not only includes 3 Terms of fun, friendship and great rugby with the best Club environment in town, but you also get a KHJ training top, shorts and socks included – amazing value (click here to go to the KHJ website to register).
Registering for Hawthorn Touch7s Summer Season
Registration and payment is via one of the 21st century’s greatest technological breakthroughs 😂🤣 RugbyXplorer, which ensures each player is properly registered and eligible for insurance.
Allow about 10 minutes and make sure you have an email address and a credit card for payment and your child’s date of birth, school, and approximate height and weight.
The registration process is pretty straight forward and there are step by step instructions below, the only traps are:
- each player has to be registered and paid for separately – you can’t register all players in one transaction;
- all players under 18 need to enter their school, height and weight, these are compulsory for all Junior player registrations (part of Rugby Australia’s size for age policy that applies to the contact version of Rugby, not really applicable for Touch7s, but a requirement none-the-less, so approximates are fine) – more info on Rugby Australia’s size-for-age policy can be found here;
- if you have a child that is 4 or under they will not be able to register on-line, please contact us instead;
- for Touch7s registrations, half way through the registration process you’ll be offered a ‘Saleable item – Touch7s Development Fee $0’ – this is a bit of a bug in the system – it doesn’t mean anything, you won’t be buying anything and it won’t change the cost of your registration, just click ‘Next’;
- if you’ve registered for any other Rugby Club this year, you’re registration for Hawthorn Touch7s will be treated by the system as a Club transfer and require clearance – you’ll get a screen telling you that and asking for a reason to transfer, just enter, ‘winter rugby to Summer Touch7s’ or equivalent and you should then receive an email okaying your transfer in the next 24 business hours and allowing you to complete the transfer process; and
- there is a 2% processing fee, so a $85 registration will see your card charged $86.70.
OK, with that out of the way, follow our step-by-step instructions below to make registering quick and easy.
- Click on the image below to access the RugbyAU registration portal
2. Enter your email address and click ‘Continue’
Unless your email address is already recognised by RugbyAU you’ll need to click, ‘Sign me up’.
If your email address is recognised, you’ll be asked to enter your password to continue.
3. Enter your details to create/confirm your Rugby account
(your details, not your child’s)
Then click, ‘Sign up’. You’ll get a confirmation screen like this:
Check your email for an email ‘Welcome to Rugby Xplorer’ and click on the link to ‘Verify email’.
This will open a new page in your web browser asking you to set and confirm a password.
If all goes to plan you have now set up your Rugby Account and you should see your Rugby Account home page, like this, but with your details:
4. Link your other family members to your Rugby Account
Now link your family members to your account (you can set up a Rugby Account for each family member with their own email address, but you don’t have to and it’s probably easier just to do it through one Rugby Account).
Click on ‘Register’ on the left hand side of the screen and then click on ‘Find a Club’ under Play Rugby.
‘Link a new person’ and then click ‘Next’
Enter the family member’s details and then click ‘Sign up’.
Repeat this step for all family members you wish to register.
5. Now you’ve set up your Rugby Accounts, you can register to play for Hawthorn Touch7s!
Click on the family member you want to register by clicking on their name (a tick should come up against their name). Then click on ‘Next’.
You’ll be asked to ‘Enter a Club name’. Type ‘Hawthorn’ and you should then have a few matches to choose from as below:
Click on ‘Hawthorn Touch7s’ (the circle changes colour) and click ‘Next’.
On the next screen:
Select the following:
Registration type: Touch7s Summer
…and click ‘Next’.
6. Review your personal details
On the next screen review your personal details and click ‘Next’.
(Under ‘Additional Details’ you may get a message that the ‘Address not Working’ with an ‘?’ symbol next to it. If you click on that symbol, it should upload your address registered previously, or allow you to type in your address.)
Then add a head shot or click ‘Skip’ (top right).
Over the next couple of pages you’ll be asked for a few last details, including emergency contact details (in case the player is injured and we can’t speak with you directly) and the player’s school, height and weight.
Then you’ll get to this Screen, ‘Add a saleable item’. This is a bit of a bug in the system – it doesn’t mean anything, you won’t be buying anything and it won’t change the cost of your registration, leave the input box with ‘0’ in it and the total of $0 and just click ‘Next’.
On the next screen, read and tick the box to say you agree to the National Terms and Conditions, then click the ‘Pay’ button.
Enter your credit card details and ‘Make Payment’.
If you’d like to pay for a sibling, be sure to click on the ‘Register a sibling’ or equivalent link to get access to the sibling discount, each player needs to be registered and paid for individually.
Ready to Register?
Please click here to start the process.
Please note: all player registrations are subject to Rugby Australia’s player terms and conditions.